Thursday, September 28, 2006

Aurora's Journal: Second Entry

I don’t understand this, at all. The V.E.R.T. (Illuminati) who claim to be defenders of the weak and the innocent are seemingly expending all of their resources to find and kill me. I don’t understand what I’ve done. I went south from West Virginia, and arrived in Atlanta.

I told my tiger to bed up, and wait for me to get back, and if I didn’t come back, I told him that I loved him. I pushed my fingers into the flesh at the top of my skull, I pulled downwards. It used to hurt me a long time ago, but it doesn’t anymore.

I stood there a blank slate. Sexless, raceless, a pallet in which I was going to paint a disguise. But I couldn’t yet, not until I was away from my tiger he had to be safe. He knew if something happened to me, he was to go and seek out Janus.

The outskirts of town were the perfect place. I began to mold my body. I needed something they would look for. I became male. Someone who wasn’t athletic. I gained weight and shrunk. Someone who would blend into the crowd.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I looked at myself. Perfect. Or Average, as the case was. I reached into my back, and found a set of clothes. I had claimed these ones from a person who could never catch the eye of the woman he had fallen in love with.

The town passed beneath my feet. I had to get up north. If I got to Janus’ Sanctuary, then I couldn’t be touched. Heaven or Hell, Mortal or Immortal, could never touch me in the Sanctuary. I headed towards the bus depot. There was a depot in Janus’ town too.

There were V.E.R.T. there. They were disguised as Soldiers. They were checking everyone in town. “Terrorist Checks.” Really, they were looking for me. When I change my tattoo moves. This time it was on my ankle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I walked up to them, “What’s wrong?” They said, “Routine check.” They patted me down. As they checked my shoes they saw the tattoo.

“Its her!” one cried, “Its Thousand Faces!” Maybe I wouldn’t make it back this time. They held their guns on me. “Look, don’t move. We just want to take you in.” I took a deep breath. I got down on my knees. They called on their talkies. They were going to evacuate this section of town, and send in more V.E.R.T. and some helicopters. I put my hands on my head.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“Don’t move!” he yelled. I pushed my fingers into my flesh. I ripped and I dove. They fired shots at me, but I wasn’t there. I rushed back and grabbed the flesh I shed, I pulled up, and my clothes appeared on me. They began to fire some more, and I ran. That’s when the helicopters and jeeps came. I stood in middle of the square.

V.E.R.T. had surrounded me. To think, this is money and time that could have been invested in bettering the human race. “Thousand Faces! You are surrounded. Put your hands on the ground, and you will not be hurt.”

I did as ordered, a hundred and fifty guns pointed at me, was too many for me to deal with. Then two bugs crawled by my hand. They crawled onto my hand. They began to grow. Shift into exact copies of me.

We controlled both, and we stood with them. We began to jump back and fourth. We knew they wouldn’t pick us out of us. We grabbed bugs. More of us came. More and More of us. Until we were twenty. Only then did they fire. But it didn’t matter. We were too many, and we healed ourselves.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That’s when they came to fight us. Golden Eyes. Three of them. Three against twenty. We were going to win. Until they began to cast their tricks. They knew we were only copies. Spell after spell they launched, until we became few, and we become I.

It was so frustrating to waste all my energy on creating copies of myself, just to have three Gold Eyes take them down. I stood across from them. I began to run the opposite way, towards the center of the square, I landed in dandelions. I grabbed the only one that was still seeding.

I covered it with my body. Fireballs were flung at me. I made the seeds grow, and sprout seeds as the flesh began to scorch on my back. I felt it boiling. I had to do it again. All of the seeds from the fresh dandelions I made into more seeding dandelions. They were getting through to my insides…

That’s when the seeds began to move with life of their own. I rolled over, all of the dirt and leaves sticking to my back. I cringed as the pain filled my person. My swarm of locusts tore into the air. Ducking and weaving, eating the flesh of the golden eyes. I began to cry. Such pain. Such intense pain.

I needed help… I had none. I had nothing. I had no-one.

My swarm of locusts was commanded to get me a way out, but I had no way to get out. I couldn’t die yet. Not with such a stupid mistake leading to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jek Porkins said...

Sounds like you could use a few well aimed proton torpedoes. It'd be just like blasting mylocks off a cruiser after an encounter with an asteroid field

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're going to have to do something about that tattoo, Aurora.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home