Friday, September 29, 2006

Aurora's Journal: Third Entry

I woke to the sound of rushing water. It was all around me, flowing and caressing my body. It was a natural spring. I was in the forest. But I wasn’t there before. Was it?

I sat up, my back began to burn as water flowed into cracked skin I had just opened. I groaned. I was burnt very badly. I sobbed and rolled over, letting my head rest in the soft water. I sat up. There was no sign of anyone.

I tried to call for someone. Then I remembered which form I was in. The one I habited most. The one who couldn’t speak.

I wonder if I have the energy to change I pushed my fingers into my flesh, and I pulled down, taking the form of a relative’s long since dead wife. I reached around and felt my back. The change had healed me too. I needed to get to Janus’. I needed to get there fast.

I wondered where my tiger was.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Than I heard a splash and he leapt into the water in front of me. I kissed his forhead.

“You saved me, didn’t you?” He nodded in response, “That was wrong, you could have been hurt, or killed. Don’t ever do that again…” He nuzzled my neck, “I’m sorry, I just want you to be safe, okay?”

I reached down into the pile of goo (trying to float away), and pulled up clothes. I pet his head, and showed him my wrist. He licked the tattoo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“I know. I know. But it’ll never go away,” it was my cursemark. It was the symbol Coyote gave me to show in the end that I was his, no matter what I did. So I got it in my head to make sure I was immortal. I could never let Coyote have me. I would never go to Coyote’s realm.

There was a Seneca Brave leaning against the tree.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He smiled at me, “Its been a long time Thousand Faces.” I looked at him, “Not long enough, what do you want?” He shrugged, “You were the one who thought my name three times in a row. I hope they were fond thoughts.” I looked away from him, “No they weren’t.” He shrugged, “Okay, I’m sorry to hear that.” The tiger roared, “Calm down kitty-kitty,” he responded, and my tiger shrunk in about my legs.

“Coyote, please, I just want to get on with my life,” I said to him. He shrugged again, and he reached out, and touched my face, rubbing his fingers down my cheeks, and a tear rolled down my cheek, “You’re still as beautiful as you were when you were a young woman, just like you wanted.” My form wavered and he took my flesh off of my body. I was back to what I normally look like. He looked at my back.

“I can fix that for you, as a favor for an old friend. No charge, nothing.” He ran his hands along my back, and down to my bare hips. I cringed, “Its all better now…” he said bringing his touch to my lips.

“One day you’ll be mine, Thousand Faces, and I look forward to it.” Another tear rolled down my cheek. I opened my mouth to speak, and he laughed lightly, “Goodbye for now my love…”

I quickly reached for clothes. I covered myself and sat down and cried. My tiger rubbed against me. I needed to get to Janus’.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Senacas and tigers and you're bare, oh my!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's a bad situation to be in, Aurora.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home