Monday, October 23, 2006

Brendan 1

Ok, so I really think keeping a journal is gay, but my aunt said I should. Something about it helps keep the mind clean…or clear…or something like that anyway. So here I sit, with a blank screen and no idea what to write.

I guess I should start with the facts. I’m sixteen years old, and I’m on the school’s track team. Oh, I’m also a lupine, if anyone wanted to know. School is pretty boring, but I like going only cause I get to see my friends and I get to run for track. My cousin, Summer, hates going to school, it’s just cause she’s been reading since before the womb.

Nothing really happens in school. Classes are pretty easy so far. Last week, maybe it was the week before…or was it last month? Anyway, sometime back when school was just starting, I think we’d been in school for a few weeks, maybe not. I don’t know. Well some football jackass decided to get me mad and I got into a fight. That’s pretty regular. I can’t remember the first time I got into a fight. I think I won…maybe? It’s not really important. Actually, I think the first fight I got in was back in

So, back to what I was talking about. I was at school and I was waiting for my cousin, maybe it was Chris…what ever. Maybe I wasn’t waiting…So I was at lunch and I saw this girl walking around the quad. I’d never seen her before. She was blonde and beautiful. Curvy, but still thin. She wore glasses, almost like she was hiding behind them. She didn’t want people to see how beautiful she was. And behind the glasses…she had the most electric blue eyes. Every time I looked at her, her eyes felt like they were pulling on me. It was when I first laid eyes on her I decided I needed to know her. Me, being the nice guy I am, I decided to go up and introduce myself. Funny thing, I can remember the conversation almost perfectly…

She’d tripped, or dropped her binder or something, so I helped her pick up some of her papers. I asked her if she was alright and when she answered…Her voice was so perfect. I don’t know. It seems like such a pansy thought, but it sounded kinda lyrical.

"Yes, I'm not usually this clumsy… Honestly… Its my first day at a new school.” She had hesitated, or paused… "I'm Sarah… Who are you?"

So I told her my name and then, being so suave, I offered to show her around the campus. I grabbed my bag and started the Campus tour. I’ve practiced and mastered this action. It’s almost a sure thing to get a girl to like me. It actually startled me. I’d just met this girl and already I wanted her to be my girlfriend. Ten minutes ago the only girl I could think about was Michelle, but hey, must be some kind of magnetism or something. I started pointing at random buildings and told her which ones they were. Every time I looked at her, her eyes were screaming at me…or maybe it was just me…but it seemed like she wanted me to kiss her. Yeah, I think that was just me.

After I finished telling her where all the classes were, we ended up in an empty hallway. I tried so hard to be good, but I couldn’t any more. I leaned in to kiss her and…the bell rang. I’d never hated hearing that bell so much as I did right then. Kids, including some of my friends, started coming into the hallway so I offered a quick goodbye and decided to take off before I made a fool of myself in front of everyone. She said something as I was leaving and it took all my control to not turn around and do what I had told myself not to.

"Hopefully Sooner, than later,"

Something about her…she just seems so different. So much more special then the other girls at school. Is it so wrong of me to want to date her? No. It is not…I’m 16 years old, I’m allowed to want who ever I want. Right? Right…

*Brendan

2 Comments:

Blogger Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Brendan, wasn't your first fight with a little girl in kindergarten? I thought you kissed her cheek, and she started slapping you silly.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Careful, Brendan...she may be a normal American girl.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home