Monday, October 09, 2006

Aurora's Journal: Fifth Entry

I was so scared. I was so scared. I had nothing. My hands were shaking. I was tossed back into the room with the man.

“Are you usually a mute?” He asked withdrawing a quill from his inkwell.

“Yes,” I responded slowly and coldly.

“Why can you speak in this form?”

“Because the physical imperfection changes each time.”

“What is it this time? Just so I know…”

I lifted my hair, and underneath it, an elven ear stuck out.

“Intriguing. Simply intriguing. Now, we know about your tattoo, it’s the only thing that lets us find you, but what is the origin of that.”

“Coyote. He branded me with that, it was to remind me no matter what I was his.”

“Coyote? As in the American Indian Devil.”

I spit at him, “Don’t slander Coyote in such a way. He’s not as simple as your Satan.”

“But he’s the same person, I promise you Thousand Faces.”

I crossed my arms, covering my body as best I could. I felt helpless. Totally helpless.

“You can change forms if you’d like. I’d like to see it. Make it one that can speak.” he lit a fireball in his hand, and waited.

I closed my eyes. If I became Janus it would endanger My dear Jesse, and my Goddaughter, and if I became Rapier I would endanger Page and my Godson Brendan. If I became the Geisha I would get nowhere, and the blind boy was even worse. I would become Rapier’s Dead Wife.

I pushed my fingers into my skull, he seemed to watch with fascination, as I pulled off the skin of this young girl, and revealed the woman that Rapier’s wife was.

I reached into the goo, and pulled up, and clothes appeared on my body.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I sat down, and folded my arms on my chest protecting myself.

“That was most intriguing.”

My voice called out, siren and clear, “Did you learn anything?”

“Plenty. Its not a spell, its not what I thought it was.”

“What else?” I asked him.

“You’re amazing. Please join us.”

“You bring me in this prison, and threaten to make me old and steal my beauty, and you want me to join the illuminati?”

“Yes…”

“Wrong Choice,” I growled from the back of my throat.

“Damnit! I should’ve known!” He screamed.

By then it was too late, fur shot out of my back, and covered my body, as a blood lusted pain shot through me. My body began to contort, and when his fireball hit me, it felt like a warm candle. By the end of the transformation I stood seven foot tall, and my werewolf muscles bulged beneath the fur.

He launched another spell at me, and when it hit, I felt like it burnt a whole through me. He was nothing but a frail chew toy. I leapt onto him, I bit into his neck, and fed from his flesh. I clawed his body open. Eating the meat and bones together as if there was no density to them.

I smelled someone else in the room… It was him. I leapt at him, and when I landed on him, and ripped him open, I smelled again, there was another him. I leapt to it, and began to shred his flesh. I smelled again, it was another him!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Frustration… Anger… I leapt onto him, and he blasted me into the wall, and I yelped. It hurt… But He was mine, as I leapt to him again he blasted me against the wall. I leapt at him again, and this time when I hit the wall it hurt. I began to whimper. I felt bones crack.

My body shrunk, and I was laying there naked, human and vulnerable. I was back against the wall. I growled in my throat, but it was all growl, there was no bite behind it, I didn’t have it left in me.

“You’re amazing Thousand Faces. I would have never thought you could transcend race. And a Lupine. Amazing. Thankfully, I have copies of myself. You killed all of them.”

I laid down, I didn’t have it in me. The change took too much out of me. He walked over to me, grabbed me by my hair, and pulled me to the chair. I grabbed into his wrists. I began to feed. I began to drain his essence. His life. I felt it enter me, just a little at first, but the more I got, the freer it flowed into me.

He began to age rapidly, as I drained his life from him. He began to scream, but his voice was quelled by my magic. He began to shake violently, as I set him on the ground. His body becoming nothing more than dust.

I looked at my hands. They were so young. I went from being a twenty-one year old woman to being a thirteen year old girl. He had so much life in him. I grabbed his necklace. The golden eye. I put it around my neck, and I put on his robe. I left the accursed building. They would only want to hunt me now that I killed their leader.

But That was one thorn out of my side.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That was quite a variety, Aurora.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I would imagine that looking 13 when you are 21 may have a stain on any relationships that you would have. Though I suppose there could be advantages as well.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

My Godmother is my hero. She's so tough. SOOO tough.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home