Monday, October 16, 2006

Summer's Journal: Tenth Entry

Ever have a day when every little thing that happened, was so annoying, and it wasn’t even that thing’s fault. Today was one of those days. I woke up in the morning, and somehow, my bathroom door was left open, and the sun was just at the right angle so it hit my mirror which therefore guided the sun to hit me in the face.

It was a grumpy wake up at 6:30 in the morning. I went to do my makeup. My ruby AND black lipstick were out. All I had was royal blue and royal purple. That annoyed me. So I had to go to my mom and dad’s room, wake him up because my heartbeat sounds like bass drums to him, and him jumping up, woke my mother up, who released a low growl in her throat.

They were even more annoyed when they realized I just needed mom’s crimson red lipstick. I stole it, and went up to the rest of my makeup. My fishnets were all dirty. I had to wear my silken covers. So I sported a short skirt that was wired, and I wore a halter top, covered by that silken layer. I naturally, instead of wearing my regular black shoes, opted for the hooker boots, as my cousin, so affectionately calls them.

I used my necklace to get to my cousins, and when I arrived there only Lara was up, and she was in one of her dark moods. Her blonde hair had been died black, and her blue eyes were bright red. She stared at me hungrily. I rolled my eyes.

“Lara. You can’t scare me.”

She smiled, revealing her fangs. She leapt forward. I rolled to the side, and I ran back to my Aunt’s room. Once I was there, I leap over them, and Lara did to. She hit the wall behind them, and my Uncle leapt up. I kicked off the wall nearest the bed, and landed on the bed on top of my aunt, and Lara leapt down towards me. I rolled off and landed on my uncle’s swords.

They didn’t cut me, but their hilts were so rounded and pronounced, it hurt terribly. She hissed, and leapt towards me again. I held my boot towards her, and when her face struck my boot, I heard an ungodly crack, and she fell to the ground.

“…bloodlust!” Was the end of what my uncle said.

“I know what she was in,” I said annoyed, “I was hoping you’d help… That’s why I ran back here.”

I knelt next to Lara, and cradled her in my arms as she cried. I went to retrieve the blood in the kitchen with her in my arms. My Aunt Page groggily came out, and she grabbed Lara from me, as I held the blood pack to her mouth. She bit down, and with several snaps, (which made my spine hurt hearing them) she moved her head, and laid it on my aunt’s shoulder.

I sighed as the adrenaline wore off, and I felt the pain in my ribs, from where the hilts bruised them. I sighed, and collected my book bag. As I walked to school, there were no happy birds or animals, or even people moving about. Something was off about today.

Little did I know I would find out exactly what it was as the school day progressed. The teachers chose today to hassle me about everything. Ask me questions that my pride wouldn’t let me not answer.

It was at lunch, I was going to sit with Chris, when I hit a wall, and it knocked me back a step. It wasn’t a normal wall, it was a wall of salt. I turned and when I went to go the opposite way, I met another wall, apparently, whoever set this up was nearby, and a genius. Because the only way they allowed me to was away from campus, and like an idiot I followed the path. When I got to the other end, there was a circle. It was about four foot in diameter, and as soon as I stepped into, the person made themselves known.

He was a man, and he had me trapped in my own common trick. It was a circle of salt, and I was stuck in it. So rather than try to beat out like I know he wanted, I sat down.

“Hello Sir, any particular reason why I am trapped in this circle of salt?” I sighed and leaned back, I might as well make the best of a bad situation, right?

“You’re a black witch.” I nodded, “Yeah, I guess I am. Its nice of you to waste time and money to get me trapped here, but do you mind letting me out?” “No witches will get to escape.” “You’re, illuminati?” “No, I’m Harad Conrad. I’m a witch hunter.” I nodded, “So, how am I going to die? You’ve clearly got me at the disadvantage.”

I don’t get upset over things like this. My dad made me immune to pretty much all forms of fear when it comes to madman trying to kill you. He’s seen it all. He passed on the stories to me.

“You deserve death.” “Can’t say I disagree with you sir. But I am a necromancer, it would probably end with me becoming a Lich, and that would only be terrible.” “Lich?” He asked. This one was a fast mad-man. Usually they are so learned in their subjects they never need to be told anything. “Yes. A Lich is an undead witch. We both don’t want that.”

He thought for a second, that’s when he withdrew his weapon. It was a scythe, and all the scythe blades were an extension on the trinity moon. Now that was bad. But rather than let him know I was terrified I played it cool.

“Nice. I would be honored to be killed by such a weapon, do it quickly, before I repent.” “No. You deserve a slow and painful death.” “Ouch, I scarcely think we’ve met, what did I do that was so terrible to you?” “Your people destroyed my family, killing my children and my wife.” “I assure you sir, I had nothing to do with such an act. I raise dead, I don’t make them.”

He muttered something, and the circle of salt began to glow brightly. Green light shot up in a line and the circle began to hum. He walked away after doing that. I walked toward the circle, but the four foot diameter had closed in to be 3’10. I watched it, after a moment it began to glow, and it shrunk again, 3’4’.

I quickly grabbed my cell phone I dialed Brendan’s number, but I got no answer. I dialed Chris’s number, and received no answer. The circle shrunk again, and my cell phone dropped just out of it. I huffed, as the circle closed, 3’0 it was getting a little cramped inside.

At 2’10, I was starting to panic, I couldn’t move. I didn’t scream, how odd would it be for someone to see me in the position I was on. It shrunk again, 2’5 this time, and my body was beginning to push up against the walls. When it felt my body resisting it shrunk again to 2’0. I felt even more compacted. It felt my resistance and upped the ante. 1’5. I was not feeling well in a very confined place. It shrunk again and at 1’2, My bones in my shoulder we beginning to want to give. Every inch of my body exposed touched the circle. Then it stopped. I fell to the ground, it had picked me up somehow. I looked for why it had stopped.

Chris was there. He was looking at me. I must have looked a mess. I quickly fixed myself and I smiled at him. He knelt next to me, and supported my aching back with his arm. He leaned down to kiss me, and I leaned up to kiss him.

“You called Summer?” Brendan asked as he walked up to me. Chris dropped me out of shock, and my head hit the soft earth. I sat up, and shot him the stare. He took a step back, then I stared at Brendan, and he took a step back.

“Do we answer our cell phones?” I asked impatiently.

“We came looking didn’t we?” Brendan pleaded.“Yes…”

Chris knelt down next to me, “Come on… Let’s get you away from here.”

I held his hand and we walked back to the school. Brendan tagged along behind, and he walked next to me.

The icing on the cake was when I went home, my mother had prepared dinner, and she didn’t often do that. It was bland, and the flavor was not vivid. My dad salted his heavily, and my mom did to. She looked at me, “Salt your meal Babydoll, I didn’t add enough.”

“No thanks mom… I’m just not in the mood for salt.”

-Dawn

4 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I guess you have cut down on your salt, Summer.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Is it any kind of salt, or just the sodium chloride kind?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh yes, also, I am participating in the Summer of Compliments and I wanted to send you one.

I enjoy stopping by your blog, you have some very interesting folks hanging around here. I can't wait to see what happens next.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Thanks Jon, that was very thoughtful of you.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home