Saturday, December 09, 2006

Crossover 1: Captain Picard's Christmas Party

It was going to be a rough trip. The Starship Enterprise, a ship of the future sent me an invitation from the future, and somehow I received it. Time travel is a concept that is utterly ridiculous to me.

The last time I was invited to the enterprise I was getting ready for school, and I vanished, and arrived in the ‘Transporter room’ as they called it. It was an interesting party, and they returned me to the exact time in which I vanished.

School went by long and painful this time. They said they were going to transport me to the Enterprise Tomorrow Evening at six. Rather then question, I called and Invited my boyfriend, Chris.

I dressed to scare, like always, black fishnets, short black skirt, black tank top with a silken black over shirt, and I did my makeup in Egyptian style only using black and white however.

When Chris arrived he was dressed to match wearing all black, which was very unlike him; but he wore a crimson red tie. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Hey… This feels a little weird at first.” He looked confused. “Where are we going again?” He asked me. I responded with, “The future. It is very confusing.” He nodded, “Okay, I’ll play this game, Summer.” He said.

I grabbed my present for him. It was wrapped in black wrapping paper, and tied with a black silken bow. I held Chris’ hand tightly, “Any moment now,” I said softly to him.

That’s when a feeling welled up beneath my feet happened, and I held onto Chris’ hand tightly; When I opened my eyes we were onboard The Enterprise. Chris was in shock. I held his hand.

“It’s okay, we are here,” he was frightened. I was too the first time I was on the Enterprise. Not only were their aliens, there was so much technology I was taken back. He stared in awe.

“Summer,” he said submissively, “Summer you weren’t joking.” I spoke into his ear, “We’ve got to go see the Captain.” “Summer… This is the Enterprise. From… Star Trek. Which Captain, Picard or Krik?” I raised my eyebrow, “What are you going on about?” He shook his head, “Nothing. This is a dream.”

“Well, it’s Captain Picard. Be respectful,” I warned. He nodded, and I walked towards the door, and it opened. Inside there was a table of presents, and I set mine on it. It was a bottle of holy-water taken from Jerusalem and blessed by a priest and a shaman.

I held his hand as we walked forward, “Don’t look down to any beings on this ship. It’s a sign of disrespect on most of their planets. I learned that last time I was here. Once inside the bar area I looked around for the Captain.

Chris seemed amazed by the whole thing. So much so I was leading him, and he was keeping quiet. As we passed people he spoke their name under his breath, and when we finally arrived to Captain Picard; Chris stared.

“Hello Summer, I hope the trip through time went well,” Captain Picard said turning from a guest, “It did Captain. Thank you for inviting me.”

“And who is this handsome young man?” He spoke motioning towards Chris, “This is my boyfriend, Captain, Chris.” Chris held his hand forward and spoke, “I’m a big fan, Pat-Captain Picard.” Captain took his hand and shook it heavily.

He took my hand and kissed it, “As always, it’s a pleasure to see you.” I blushed, “Merry Christmas Captain.” “Merry Christmas you two! Enjoy the Party, if you need anything come and get me, okay?”

“Thank you, Sir,” Chris said. “I want to meet so many people!” Chris began to drag me around, talking to everyone he could see. He knew all of them by name. He kept running up like some fan boy from one of those Science Fictions shows or something.

Finally he settled down, incredibly tired from all the excitement. I sat him down on the couch, and I went to get us punch. When I returned Chris was dozing off.

“Chris… Wake up,” he nodded, “I am up. Thanks for bringing me Summer.” I handed him his punch and I drank my gently. That’s when a woman with pale skin walked up.

“I am Seven of Nine,” she spoke, “I noticed you and your life mate were alone.” I responded quickly, “He’s not my life mate; we are just dating.” “Dating?” she asked, “What is this dating?”

“It’s a courtship to find a life mate. Seven, are you borg?” I asked. “Yes,” she responded, “Locutus was sure to include us heavily this year.” That got me started, “How do you work? You are vampires right? Vampires that make other vampires through technology right? Try and explain it.”

“You’re very energetic,” she responded, “The Borg are supreme. Resistance of them is Futile. We assimilate other species and cultures into our own, take their strength and lose their weaknesses, we change assimilate through technology, and vats, which make you into a productive member of the Borg.”

“That’s interesting, is it a DNA reconfiguration or cyborg technology that make the brain a changeable hard drive?” She looked taken back, “Your intelligent for a human, it’s a little of both. The vats make you look and have the strength of those assimilated in the Borg, and the technology makes you part of the borg overmind, to be lead by a queen.”

“Are you dead or alive?” “Alive.” “Only females are made into Queens, or is their Borg Kings?” “Only women, There are Borg who act as emissaries between two peoples, such as Locutus.” “This is interesting. And how do you assimilate abilities?” “You’re a magician, are you not? That’s why I came to speak to you. You use Magic.”

“Not so much a Magician.” “See, if we were to assimilate you, we would all be able to use your magic.” These people were very interesting; scary; but interesting.

“I see, and you wanted me to become Borg?” “I could speak to the Queen to get you to become a high borg, no useless drone.” “I’m sorry Seven, I have to go home. I have school.” “If you ever wanted to…” “I will come to you. I promise.”

She stood, and walked away. Chris was very asleep. I kissed his cheek, “Chris. We have to go; You’re very tired.” He nodded and I had to guide him to the Transporter Room, “Thank Captain Picard for me. It was a wonderful party.” We arrived at home, and I made sure Chris got to Brendan’s.

-Dawn

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A pleasure to have you attending the party, Summer.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home