Saturday, November 11, 2006

Aurora's Journal: Seventh Entry

“Can you do anything?” I clicked twice, “I think I can get you out of those bindings.” She whispered. She scooted towards me, and began to twist and rip at the vines, and finally I was released. I stretched outwards and I smiled.

“Can you get me out of this silver?” Silver? They were never smart enough to use silver before. I reached to her neck, and I felt the silver necklace. It was tired with hemp rope. But Page still couldn’t touch it or untie it. It was attached to something silver.

I began to untie it in the darkness, it was a complex knot, not because it was tied that way, but because it wasn’t tied that way. It was a series of knots that all made no sense to be together.

When it came off her neck, she hugged me tightly, “We can get the hell out of here now, but what are those things?” I closed my eyes, did I have enough magic to change forms? If I did there was a form I had to take.

I reached into my scalp, and my hands melted in, and I pulled my skin down. My body became Rapier’s dead wife. I pulled up on the skin and I had clothes. She sighed. “Was that the form you had to take?” “Yes,” I responded in a whisper.

“What are those things?” “Bunyips.” “Elaborate.” “Bunyips are little vermin, they are as strong as werewolves, as smart as humans and feed like vampires, except they can eat anything. Their sole weakness is they are instinct driven.” “Thanks Professor, can I take them?”

“Yes. We can take them. They aren’t acting like normal tough, they scarcely used their intelligence before. Now they seem driven.” “Do they live in swamps?” “Yes, mostly.” “That’s why I smelled swamp. These things were taking humans away from my city, and I had to retort, I tracked them and they caught me.”

A feral growl erupted in her lower chest. Her muscles began to shift, there was popping noises as her bones shifted, she crotched down with both hands, and fur began to sprout from her body. The room filled with heat, and howl filled the air. That was a little much.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had to change quickly, and my body did the same thing to change, we stood, two large werewolves against three bunyips. They screeched and as they did they ran into the room, leaping at me. Knowing I was their natural predator.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She ripped into one, tossing it against the wall. She bit down hard on its head, and ripped its bone and flesh from it spurting blood everywhere. The two that were on me however were trying to penetrate my thick hide.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I grabbed one with my claw and threw it at Page, who caught it in her mouth, held it on the ground, and put both paws on it, and ripped it into three. The last one was far too big for us to do that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I shoved on it, and she leapt to it. I grabbed one end, and she grabbed the other, our claws pushed into its soft flesh, and we pulled against each other, each of us biting down on the part closest to us, and we shredded.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

His cry echoed through the cave, and with that we knew we were done. We didn’t change though, we weren’t going to change until we were safely outside. When we got into the main cave, both us had to shake. I know I did. Those three were the males. The females, there were about thirty of them, and each of them had a couple of kids, and they had us surrounded.

I howled, and she howled. The bunyips screamed. It had to be funny to anyone looking in. I didn’t think it was funny at all. Several of them leapt at her, and several at me. And the massacre that ensued from her and I was terrible. The Bunyip Pups, the Bunyip woman fell one by one, one after another.

I don’t know who saved these, and I don’t how they avoided the death I was giving to them, but all I knew was that I hoped after today, I would never ever have to deal with another bunyip again.

We stayed cautious and full wolf form until we exited the cave. Finally when we saw the moonlight we both released out wolf forms, and collapsed into each other. We were laughing, or crying, or both. Finally after some of our energy returned, we stared at each other for a long time.

Her and I aren’t the closest people in the world. I almost destroyed her entire world a long time ago, and I understand her spite.

“I just wanted you to know, that the gift you gave us was more than I could have ever asked for.” “I wanted to make amends, just like your sister needed to.” “I love my son, and it was amazing to go through it. Thank you for making Rapier human for that time.” “I hope it was everything you wished for.”

“Look, Thousand Faces, the family is probably worried sick, why don’t you come home with me?” “No… I think I need to make my own path.” “Okay…” she said as she walked away from me slowly, “Thanks… For saving me.”

“I could say the same, Page.”

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's all very grisly, Aurora.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home