Saturday, December 02, 2006

Summer's Journal: Twenty-Fifth Entry

Chris asked me today when I learned to use magic. I don’t know what prompted him to, and I don’t know why he felt the need to know. I responded in kind. I didn’t want to tell him. I didn’t want to tell anyone.

He seemed upset with me for not sharing. I cast my eyes down from his. I wanted him to understand. I’m perhaps the last necromancer in the world. No-one has ever ran into them, unless they have ran into me.

Chris just couldn’t understand. He couldn’t. I wouldn’t even know how to begin to explain it to him. I was out with my father on a routine check of a magical nexus. He may not have known it was a magical nexus, but the whole place had an inky black aura.

I was so scared back then, so terrified. That I held onto my father as if he was the only thing that could save me. I wonder if I would have been better off not crossing that stream. I crossed it.

I don’t know what caused me to cross it, whether it was the fact that my father couldn’t, or the moans. The moans of those poor lost souls. I had to go see; I had to. When I crossed the stream I didn’t see much of anything. The fog had rolled in seconds before.

I walked forward having a hard time adjusting to the thickness of the fog. I hit a gate. It was metal and it caused me to the withdrawal. I followed along it, and I found a gate, and I opened it. Once inside, the fog seemed to life a little, and I could see vague figures, all of them the unmarked graves. I gently followed along, and from nowhere someone grabbed me.

I couldn’t see it, I tried to pull away. I shoved hard and it fell to the ground, I didn’t know what it was, but I ran for the large structure, and I threw open the mausoleum door, and I ran in and closed the door.

I felt a cold chilling in my spine and I turned. There was a man there, he had dark hair and he wore dark clothes. He smiled when he saw me, “I knew you would come.”

Then he disappeared. I ran to where he was and there was nothing there. I turned to run towards the door, and when I got there, the door formed skeletal hands they grabbed me. They held me down. I tried to fight but I wasn’t strong enough.

The man appeared before me again, and I began to scream, “Don’t fight,” he said, taking me by my wrists. He pulled and I was free of the skeletal hands. But now he held me. One of his hands were skeletal and he pulled me towards him. I shoved on him, and then I ran towards the door again, and I threw it open.

Whatever I had pushed down, was standing there. It grabbed me again, it was a man, not him, and he didn’t grab me in the same way as the man had. He came towards me. I saw his eyes, his face. Ragged from decay, and the smell was overpowering, but I couldn’t turn away from him.

His eyes; I still see them when I close my own, whenever I cast a spell his eyes come to me. They were vacant, dead, but they held all the answers. They spoke of everything that one needs to know about life. Death. In the end Death won out. It was hard to shake the sight of Love in those eyes. I saw it deep down in him still.

We stared at each other. I don’t know why this zombie wasn’t trying to eat me, but his eyes…

Those eyes. They told me everything. I could go on describing them but I would fail. I saw a power in death, I saw an answer in death. I saw Death. I felt blood fill my mouth. It had to be his blood, but I don’t know how it came from him into my mouth.

My mouth filled with blood, and the substance that cursed my dead, had to be my salvation because as the zombie came to bite my neck, I willed him to stop and he did. I held the blood in my mouth as it overflowed. Dripping onto the ground and causing a plant to grow.

I’m not crazy… I swear. I’m not crazy!

The plants grew up and covered my body and thorns and black roses engulfed me and pulled me down into the ground inside a coffin. I began to beat on the coffin lid and I screamed. I don’t remember what I was screaming. But then I saw the man’s face. He spoke, “I can save you…” He then grabbed my waist and pulled me towards the lid, and then I was there, and he was making me press against him.

Then he was the zombie. I willed the zombie to stop. Then a few others with those moans, those moans of understanding and knowledge, came towards me, and my mouth filled with blood again, and this time it tasted good, sweet…

I concentrated on the zombies and they all stood still. They were mine… For that sweet moment I controlled life and death. I could will them into eternal sleep, or I could keep them eternally awake.

I felt so strong, not the frail china-doll I was before, now I had control. They were mine. No-one could take them away from me. Not Death. Not God. I was a goddess in my own rights. I flung open the mausoleum door, and I entered. The man was standing there. He was watching me.

The zombies who were mine entered behind me. “Hello Summer Dawn,” he said, “I can save you.” I curled my lips in disgust, and I pointed. The zombies went towards him, and as they walked closer to him they became human again, and then he looked at me.

“Summer Dawn, kill them, and make them yours again,” He tossed me a sickle. I reached down and grabbed it. I shook my head no. “Summer,” he said as he appeared in front of me, and the skeletons pushed me to him, and he pulled me tightly against him. What was he doing to me?

I looked down, I was a skeleton and so was he. My bones rattled as I shook in fear. I still held the sickle in my hand. I brought it across where his throat was supposed to be, and his blood poured out and covered my body.

I closed my eyes as I felt the warm liquid engulf me. He grabbed onto me shoulder, and ran his skeletal hand down my entire body… He… He died, and I knelt to him, as the people became zombies again. He wheezed, and the blood bubbled on his neck.

I took the sickle and I stabbed it into his chest, and his body went limp. I closed my eyes, and I felt his blood fill my mouth, and he rose from me, and he was mine… I felt an electric feeling all about me. I had conquered him.

He was mine. I ordered him to put the others out of their misery, and he did that, and once he was done, I heard his voice inside my head, “Use me, Summer Dawn, Use me and you can rule the world.”

I reached my hand out, and I willed him to decay into nothingness and he became a pile of dust. Tears filled my eyes. I had never killed anyone before. I killed him for power… I killed him because he was trying to dominate me, and I dominated him.

I then saw what where I was, standing in middle of a small unmarked family plot, and there was no blood around me, and no zombies, no anything, just me.

I’m not crazy… I’m not… It all happened!

I just wish someone would believe me if I told them…

-Dawn

2 Comments:

Blogger Phobia said...

Tell me about it.. You are not the only one who wouldn't have someone believe you if you told them... I have that problem too,but tell them..even if they don't believe you, tell them. Because if you don't , the reprucussions could be worse.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think you've been seeing George A Romario movies, Summer.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home