Friday, November 10, 2006

Aurora's Journal: Sixth Entry

After the incident with the illuminati I decided to take the long way around. Or more, my tiger did. He had it in his head to go north before going east and east was the way to Janus’. We finally stopped up north, near Pymatuming Lake.

My tiger, for some reason, wanted to go through the swamps of Northern Pennsylvania instead of going right through the temperate forest of the southern part of the state. It was towards nightfall when he finally wanted to rest.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I laid down on a bed of moss, it was getting colder out, so we had to lay together. Not that much mattered to either of us. I closed my eyes and slept. How sweet it is to sleep, without worry.

No. Life doesn’t work like that. The night held sounds, sounds I haven’t heard for a long, long time. Back when I was still very, very young. I started my life after meeting Coyote.

They were cries. They pierced the night sky, and when I heard them I jumped awake, and my tiger jumped up and got ready to fight. I withdrew both of my tomahawks. The cries came closer.

I didn’t think any were still around, I thought I had killed them all. They should all be dead! I focused in the night, and I saw the first one…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I tried to scream; I tried to tell him to get away, that he wasn’t ready for them… I don’t know if he got the message before they were on top of me. I tried to fight, but these ones were smarter, the one who was up front was the decoy as the other two came from behind. One bit on my wrist, and started feeding from my magic, and the other, used a vine to wrap around me.

I tried to fight out of it, but it was too late. They had me bound, magic drained, and they all began to carry me.

Bunyips. I thought I had killed the last of those. When I started off in the world, these creatures of the night began to spread. I had to kill several of them in America. Then Europe, and finally I found the source, Australia.

I used to slay these things, not only could they feed from anything, mages, wolfies, vamps and humans, they needed to feed twice a day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They were speaking, it had been so long, and I thought I had killed them all, so I forgot their language. I was going to be a meal, unless I figured out how to get out of this mess.

They carried me towards a cave, and we went through the pond in front of it, they swam well, even with my weight. But that was how they got across oceans.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The cave was dark, and without my magic I couldn’t see too well, so all I had was the light coming in from the outside, which was just moonlight, and it scarcely gave me anything to work with.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They tossed me into a prison? I felt someone else in it. I sat there for a long while, letting my eyes adjust. Whoever it was, was very scared of me. Could they see me?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“Who is there?” a voice whispered. I wasn’t in a form that could speak, so I hushed whoever it was softly, and I clicked my tongue.

“Can you talk?’ I clicked twice. “Can you see me?” I clicked twice. “Maybe together we can get out of here,” she said, “my family is probably looking for me.”

I scooted towards the voice, and the closer I got the more I realized I knew this person. It was my ‘daughter’s’ twin sister. She gasped when she saw me.

“Aurora.” I clicked once. “We have to get out of here, and I am sure together we can do it, but what the hell were those things?” I sighed. “We need to come up with something…”

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A cliffhanger story....

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home