Monday, December 11, 2006

Summer's Journal: Twenty Seventh Entry

My father has traveled the world, he has lived many lives, and ended countless more. He has experienced and seen things that some of us can only hope to dream of seeing. I remember when I was a child and I asked him to describe what the phoenix he saw so long ago looked like.

Today I encountered something, something I could scarcely even comprehend meeting. I was walking through school and I felt death. I closed my eyes and I looked for it. I found it, it was a girl.

She was being hassled by a group of kids. They had her surrounded and yelling at her, and prodding her, and calling her stupid, and ugly. I ran up to them, and she didn’t seem all that ugly to me. I pulled her out of the group. She was so cold to the touch, yet so warm.

Once I had dragged her from the group, I took her to the edge of the quad. I felt odd being around her. She was so beautiful. I… I wanted to be her. Her chin was perfectly formed, her hair was a golden halo, and her eyes were a wonderful blue. She had a perfect body, she wore clothes that accentuated the perfection of her hips.

I wanted to be her, I don’t know what came over me, but I lashed out at her. I screamed and I leapt on top of her and I grasped her hair, and I began to beat it off the ground. She looked at me, I saw tears in her eyes.

I have no idea why I was so angry at her. Was it jealousy?

I backed off from her, and I turned around but I felt her there. I felt the subtle death on her. I felt the pain of her person, but I couldn’t face her. Whatever it was, I wanted her dead.

“You…” She said accusingly, “Why did you save me to hurt me?” I couldn’t answer. “You’re not human,” I said, “You’re not vampire. What are you?” She knelt down behind me, I felt her do it, I felt this itching feeling to hurt her. She was so beautiful. I couldn’t stand it, something about her irked me.

“I don’t know,” she pleaded, “You touched me…” I looked at her, and that feeling overwhelmed me again. “I did touch you,” I said, “Why wouldn’t I, you were in trouble.” She looked at me, She was so beautiful, I wanted to hurt her. I wanted to be her.

“I’ll never bother you again,” she said, “I’m sorry I did in the first place.” I looked at her. She looked at me. She rose from the ground and stumbled away from me. I couldn’t follow her, I would hurt her if I followed her.

But she intrigued me. She wasn’t a zombie, she wasn’t a human. What was she? She rushed off and I felt so bad. I didn’t understand everything. I couldn’t understand why I wanted to hurt her. Maybe I will meet her again someday.

-Dawn

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Is she a siren? No that can't be right. Very intriguing.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm sure you'll see her again.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home