Thursday, January 25, 2007

Summer's Journal: Thirty-Fifth Entry

I’ve been stalling. I’ve been thinking and I have been stalling. It was the fact that the illuminati had jostled me so badly so soon after when I was nearly killed by the werewolf.

I’ve finally figured out what it was. It was a scum illuminati prank. All reason and logic dictates that.

Brendan and I were walking home from school together. He kept turning his head and looking over his shoulder. I knew something was there, but I had no idea what it could be. I didn’t have the senses of a wolf.

Whatever it was it kept giving me a an itchy feeling.

“Summer,” Brendan said, “Calmly, we are going to the church, the catholic on fifth.”

I obeyed instantly. He led the way, and I followed keeping pace with him. He didn’t break into a dead run, I’d be the one left behind. We both knew that. And if we were together then together we could perhaps survive…

It was a dread moment, whenever I thought about surviving instead of defeating whoever or whatever it was. My life didn’t flash before my eyes, but my true perception of reality fractured.

Brendan told me afterwards I froze, like a deer caught in a headlights, and when he tugged on me, he said I followed but it wasn’t me. The last thing I remember, besides that dread feeling, was sitting in the church. Brendan had me kneel at the alter, and for the first time in my life I couldn’t cast my eyes up to the crucifix.

I felt the image of our lord and savior Jesus looking at me. It wasn’t a personification of an object it was what I felt. I felt him looking down at me, and I couldn’t look up.

“Summer,” Brendan spoke firmly, “Say your repentances.”

When I spoke, I lacked the want for him to forgive me. I don’t know what it was. I felt weak in the church. Almost as if the very place was resisting my presence. Brendan looked at me.

“Dawn,” he said.

I looked at him. His arm was pointed to the door and I remember following it all the way. There was an old man. He wore the amulet of the illuminati but it had been tarnished and partially melted. It was a disgraceful leave from the illuminati.

The old man walked forward. He was shaking as if he was approaching a movie star which he loved desperately. He sat down before us on his knees.

“Au Courants,” He said as he looked at us, “I have looked for very long for the both of you.” Brendan spoke up after the old man said that, “What did you just say? Summer what did he just say?”

“He called us The Current,” I spoke pulling that knowledge from the back of my head, “Why are you looking for us?” I was terrified, but I had my makeup on, and I felt strong with Brendan with me. But I was a quivering, scared little white faced china doll underneath it all.

The old man spoke, “You are the Au Courants. You are born to save.” I knew that with my father and Brendan’s father both saving people as long as they had strength in their body, Brendan and I inherited that.

“We know,” we replied together. His response came as a shock, “To what extent do you think you will save?” I shrugged and Brendan was getting frusterated, “Look,” he said, “Who are you?”

“I am Friar Thomas, shamed Illuminati. They called me the prophet.” I raised my eyebrow, “Impossible.” Brendan watched me. He looked right through me, like he always could. He took my hand in his. This made me feel stronger.

“You will both go through many hardships, Au Courants. Pain and misery, the likes of which you will only bring on yourself. But in the end, I promise you, Au Courants, if you try for it, you will be happy.”

I was unbelieving, he was ex-illuminati. There were very few creatures that could see the future, and one was the seventh son, of the seventh son, this man couldn’t have been, not in today’s day and age. Demons were one of them. Demonic possession was one thing that could kick the illuminati out of the order.

I cast my eyes up to him, and he flinched, “Au Courant,” he said to me directly, “You have nothing to fear from me. Trust in me.” He reached out, and Brendan pushed his hands away.

“Don’t touch her,” My cousin defended me. The old man spoke again “I dreamt of you both all my life. And I finally found you…” The old said, “I needed to tell you. I had to see you.” The old man took a few steps back.

“Be wary, Au Courants… Both of you… Don’t give into your vices… Of all the advice I can give, I ask you please, don’t give in. Don’t give in.” The old man rose. The church seemed to reject his presence. Just like it was rejecting my own. If it rejected my presence and I was laced with evil, why did it reject his so violently? He had to be possessed. It was a all a lie.

It was either hell or the illuminati trying trick us. And Once the old man left, I buried my face in my cousin’s shoulder. I didn’t sob audibly, but I was crying. He rubbed my cheek gently, and he smiled at me.

“Baby-doll,” he said calling me what my mother called me, “I know you hate them. I know. But Summer, don’t let them get to you.” I nodded gently. He continued, “Summer Dawn, come on, lets go home.”

That happened a couple of days ago. I thought abut it. Whoever it was; was crazy. I know that for a fact. Or it was a demon’s deceit. The man had a melted and slashed Illuminati necklace. That means he was possessed.

Its hard to put it out of my mind no matter what, it keeps coming up in my head. It’s the demon’s deception. I’m done for now, time to lay down.

-Dawn

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I agree; time for an aspirin and a rest.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

Right behind you on that.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I concur. A long nap may do you wonders.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home