Friday, January 12, 2007

Letter to the late, Kera d’Epee October 31st, 1990

Kera,

Page is sleeping comfortably, and my baby boy is doing the same. I am staring at them both, sitting in the room, unable to sleep. I’m too excited. Page’s labor was uneasy, as Teresea told us it would be.

Brendan Carey, he took his mother’s name for obvious reasons, tried to rip his way out of his mother. Page whimpered the whole labor, and she cried, and she broke my hand six times. (I didn’t laugh then of course, but I am laughing now.)

She found it very hard to keep up with the werewolf tradition of not changing during the birth. She disliked relying on me to do any of the fighting she would normally have to do. I do not understand why you werewolves do not change during the pregnancy.

Is it because you don’t want to curse your children with lycanthrope, even though that has very little to do with it. When he finally escaped his mother’s womb he smiled brightly and cooed.

Page held him close to her. She was so exhausted. She kissed him gently and fell asleep. I picked him up. I tried not to cry. I didn’t want blood flowing down my cheeks with a doctor and two nurses around.

He fell asleep in my arms. I’ve never had to be in a hospital when my baby was born, and I didn’t want to give him up. But they took him from me. Page’s sister, Jesse is having a mid-wife.

I received a call from Janus that they had a baby girl, he got to name her, he said, Summer Dawn. He had hoped that with the name Summer Dawn that she could have some hope of a normal life. I doubt it.

I’m so happy, Kera. Page has straightened my chaotic and meaningless life out. Now with baby Brendan, I’m getting everything I’ve always wanted. I want you to know, that since that time at the grave, I haven’t thought about you. It’s a good thing. Page is my heart now Kera… This is the first time I’ve even remotely thought of you.

Page is perfect, Kera. But please, for me, watch over her and Brendan. Keep them safe. I know you’re an angel Kera… Be their guardian angel.

-Rapier d’Epee

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Intruiging. A young child born 17 years ago...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home