Sunday, April 29, 2007

Janus' Record: 7

(Kept by Phonograph.)

“I don’t often like working with other vampires, I find them to be cruel, complicated and dramatic. I have a niece, her name is Lara. She was known for a very long time as ‘The Dagger’. She’s only seventy six.

“Lara is eternally trapped in a seven year old body. Some stupid vampire was being especially stupid and Lara was born from that. She is the full dramatic end of the spectrum, everyday she wakes and wishes she was older.

“She would prefer death to immortality. I often wondered, in dark moments of her life, if she thought of plunging her own daggers into her heart to end it all. I try to spend time with her. She’s so unique.

“One moment she’ll be playing with dolls, seriously, and then if you offer to play with her, or just sit down and play, she’ll begin cursing, and yelling at you how she is not a child. She’s older then you are. Well, she often does that with her so called ‘Mother’. Page is the one who took her in.

“Page will often tickle Lara or cuddle with Lara, and Lara will tell her to get away that she is old enough to be Page’s mother, and then if Page leaves her alone, then she pleads for her to come back.

“Lara is a paradox. She is both mature and immature. Brendan treats her like a little sister. She never, ever yells at him. I think that Lara when she was human, which she can’t remember, had an older brother who was like Brendan.

“She often defends Brendan from his mother and father when he does stupid things. Yelling and screaming and bring a rage and fury. She really loves him. She likes Rapier too. I love her relationship with Rapier.

“See when they are together, they double team people. They are both quick-witted and sly, and its very neat to watch them interact. I’ve been with them hunting before. I’ve seen them make a Werewolf-Brute break down in tears from their wit, and they finish each other’s sentences.

-Light laughter-

“But I love, as I said, to watch her most with Page. She looks up to Page when they are cuddling, and I can see envy and her looking up at her like she is her heroine. But she fights with Page like a teenager. Sometimes she acts younger then what she is.

“She Loves Page. I am sure if the time came she would die for Page. I don’t understand how Page inspires such dire loyalty. She doesn’t want it. Page, that is, the last thing she wants is to be is a leader. She wants to be a mother, a sister, and a wife. She wants love, and love alone.

“I have shed tears for Lara before. I can’t understand what she is going through. But I know how hard it must be. I really do like working with her. Whenever she works, she is at peace. Her soul, mind and body work as one, she doesn’t even notice how young she is. She uses it to her advantage.

“I’ve seen her rip the heart out of an old wolfie, while he was raging. I’ve seen her stake an ancient vampire surrounded by his cronies. She’s an amazing huntress. She only works for money.

“She worked for six people before settling on Page, one every ten or so years. She was a Feral, so she was handy, untraceable. She would give who she was leaving a dagger, facing them. It was a promise, if they tried to stop her, she would kill them.

“Only one greedy vampire tried to stop her, he and his subordinates all were killed. I remember hearing whispers in the clubs about a little girl who destroyed an entire coterie. Most took it as hear-say. To date, she has two hundred and fifty-six kills to her name. Two unsuccessful.

“Rapier d’Epee, she left him a wonderful crescent scar across his back. Some other vampire named Janus.

-Laughter-

“It was a futile attempt to begin with, she snuck into my mansion, figured out my puzzles, found my room, shoved the dagger into my chest, and then I burst into ash. That’s right, I burst into ash.

“She figured her job was done, and she left. I reformed, that’s one of the benefits of being two thousand years old, you know. When she found out I was alive, she tried killing me, again, and again.

“Finally, she realized I wasn’t going to die, and she left.

“I watch how Lara acts with Jesse… She hates Jesse and still, even now, is weary of her. Lara was one of the people who had to deal with Jesse when it came to Page. She almost killed Jesse. Thank God for Aurora. Thank God for Aurora.

“She is fairly indifferent towards me. I almost killed her once to get Page’s attention. Page was very stubborn, and it took hurting Lara to make her see.

“Wow, this little chat with my phonograph turned into something about Lara instead of something about our adventure together. That’s okay, our adventure wasn’t very exciting anyway.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Only 76. A young sprog, then?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Working with your own kind is never easy. Try working with 15 uptight Jedi Knights.

Enough to make you wanta drink.

*sips ale* Ahhhhhh!

3:42 PM  
Blogger cooltopten said...

"I almost killed her once to get Page’s attention." thats extreme :)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home