Saturday, March 10, 2007

Aurora's Journal: Tenth Entry

The house was a hive. It was busy, and everyone was running around, it reminded me of bees. Jesse, my sweet daughter, was running to clean, and running to get food. Janus cooked. The kitchen was blur of speed and wind. Summer was running up and down trying to find the perfect outfit and makeup.

Even Old Beast, was busy trying to kill Rapier. The Tiger and I were the only ones not doing anything. I didn’t know what should be done so I went to pick the flowers for the table setting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After I had collected the flowers I laid down to sleep. I rarely get the chance to just relax and sleep. I woke with the sleepy feeling all over me. I rose and yawned, and the tiger had been sleeping tightly to me, and it was a little warm, and I pushed him.

He rolled off the bed, hit the ground and roared at me. I silently laughed having no voice. I kissed his forehead and he purred. I walked down stairs. They were all gathering, The Old Beast was laying on a chair and broken.

I healed him. It took little or no energy. He whispered to me, “I could’ve healed myself,” he said stubbornly. It was untrue, and I put him to sleep so he wouldn’t get himself beat up to prove it.

I surveyed the crowd. I had already met Chris. But Brendan’s girlfriend… She… Its hard to describe when someone as old as me sees something that is clearly something we know.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She was pretty, but I had to think… These was something off about her eyes. I couldn’t place it, I just saw the leaking of power from her eyes.

There was some “drama” happening in the room. Between Chris and Janus. Summer waited impatiently, when he returned he handed her a black rose, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen her more beautiful.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Once everyone settled in and Dinner was preparing to be served, Summer rested her head on Chris’ shoulder, and then Sarah and Brendan were about to kiss, I gasped not because of them about to kiss but because I remembered what she was.

The magic leaking from her eyes was tainted, and flowing into Brendan. Her movements were meant to be subtle, trying to look innocent but all of them be very sexual in nature. She was a Succubus.

The whole room began to fight. I tried to stay out of it. It wasn’t my place. Page and I don’t get along, and me punishing her Son would be the worst thing I could do.

After some yelling, Janus finally yelled. Everybody in the room shut-up, and quivered. I smiled gently. It was frightening, it commanded my attention, I took a deep breath and released it. He took Brendan outside, and Summer began to pound on the succubus heavily with her words. She really cares for Brendan.

When Janus returned he began to go through the purifying and banishment ceremony. The Succubus couldn’t stand this, and she began to wrap Brendan tighter in her magic. Trying to give her everything to him. Trying to snap him in two.

Inevitably, it took Summer and I holding the Succubus down with vines to keep her there. After she had been purified, she reverted to her real form, but not to poor Brendan. He saw that innocent girl that she wanted him to.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rapier stood over the girl, his hand was faltering on killing the demon that his son loved. He couldn’t hurt his son like that. I withdrew my tomahawk. I took a step forward, then The Old Beast withdrew a silver gladius and he walked up, and removed her head. She burst into flames and she reached for Brendan saying “I love you.”

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I felt for him, but the corruption she did to him of the naturally flow of magic in his body made it so I couldn’t help him. Summer knelt to him, and she held him in her arms. She tried to consol him… It didn’t work.

I wish this didn’t happen to him.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Darth Vader said...

You can wish for things not to happen but they always do, dont they?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Big blue eyes she ... had.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The succubus looked quite attractive; I guess they always do.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

What he said.

It's kind of their job.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home