Friday, April 13, 2007

Summer's Journal: Forty-first entry

Before I relate this story, I once again restate that I am not dead. I do not die. How would I write it otherwise?

It was nighttime when they came. There were three of them. A Succubi, and two minion demons. It was nice of them to gag me before they tied me up, and tossed me around. They came into my room, and they stole me, right from under my parents watchful eyes.

I struggled, of course, and the succubi turned to me, and she released a fist and it struck my temple, just with the right amount of force to knock me unconscious. When I woke, I was sitting in an iron chair, wrapped in silver rope, and surrounded by a circle of salt.

The Succubi was there, along with the two demons who captured me. In the low light of the room I was in, I could see them. The two demons were minions, chained to her. She smiled wickedly when she saw that I was awake.

“Summer Dawn O’Ciardha. You killed Devith. I don’t know how.” “I’ll tell you how,” I responded, “If you tell me who you are working for.” “No deal. I meant, what kind of a human can do that, so I’ve got you bound here for good. I figured it out, if you are a mage the circle of salt will keep you there, the silver will keep you there if you are a vampire or a werewolf, and the iron-chair will keep you there if you are a fey.”

“You’ve got your basis covered, don’t you?”

“Yes, and it’s a pity you’re not male, I’d have had you some times ago.” She looked me over, “You’re a dark little thing, aren’t you? You’re not going to make it out of here alive.”

“Death is the next great adventure.”

“For you, it is the last adventure, little girl. How would you prefer to die? That is the only question I have for you. Answer and I will make it all over, quickly and painlessly.” “Old Age,” was my response. “Cute, how about a dagger in the stomach?”

“Sure, why not? I’ve got nothing better to do.”

The succubi pointed and one of the minions moved the salt circle so she could enter, “You’ll rest in a gravestone marked Elizabeth Garret. Its already dug.” I sighed heavily, “Okay. Whatever.”

I closed my eyes, and I concentrated. I felt death all around me. In every single part of the room, beating in through the walls. I opened my eyes.

“You are going to kill me in a graveyard?” “Does that bother you?” I closed my eyes, and blood filled my mouth. There was so much death all around me, it was easy to raise them. The walls shook, the room became red.

She looked at me confused, “What are you?!” When my eyes opened, I smiled at her, as I felt the warm blood roll down the corners of my mouth. She stared at me, and her minions went closer to her, to try and protect her from what was going on around her.

She put me in a mausoleum. How stupid can someone get? The stone coffins began to open as zombies rose. They rolled out of the coffins, and she looked at me, she ran towards me with the dagger.

Two of the zombies grabbed her, and held her down trying to bite her neck. The doors to the mausoleum opened and in poured zombies from the surrounding graves, and the minion demons began to swing their massive arms around.

After two swipes, there were too many, and they grabbed and began to rip at the minions. The succubi began to flap her wings, trying to get away. She closed her eyes, and a spear appeared in her hand and she began to stab down, then the zombies grabbed the spear and pulled her down. I had to turn away as they ripped her to pieces and her large minions soon followed their mistress.

After they were done, I had two of them rip and break the chair so I could get out, while I got the others to destroy the circle of salt surrounding me.

I had an undead army. At least, when it was happening, I was prepared to go and take over the world. I told myself no, and I sent them back to their graves. Except two of them.

I searched the Succubi. I found little or nothing on her. She had no information. I took my pair of zombies, and I walked to my cousin’s house. I opened the front door, it was early morning, and I scared my Aunt Page, who was heading for work.

“Summer, what are you doing here?” “A set of human hunters thought I was a human and attempted to kill me, I killed the man last night, and I killed a succubi this morning.” “Oh, that’s nice-What? Human hunters?” “Yeah, I think I have his journal on me…”

I handed her the journal, she began to read some aloud, “A child prayed to god for him to get rid of the scary man he saw out of his window and he exorcised a demon to back to hell. A young couple outran a raging werewolf, inevitably causing its death. A teenager as a dare released a houseful of spirits, not even meaning to. A young woman killed an attacker using a self defense technique and it turned out to be ancient vampire. A man fought off a horde of zombies raised by a powerful demon, and saved his family. All of them have black X’s over the names… These humans were killed because they were just trying to live,” she said.

“Yeah. I think one day, I will write each of their stories out…” She handed it back to me, and then looked behind me, “Summer… I don’t think that’s entirely appropriate.” “He took a picture of me after I had absorbed the youth from people.” “Okay… Just this once.”

I walked by, and the zombies followed, and I opened the door, and I had them go into Brendan’s room. They stood over him, and moaned loudly, grabbing at him, and he jumped awake, and screamed like a little girl. I laughed loudly, and he ran after me. We chased each other through the house, until he finally caught me, and then he shoved me on the couch and began to tickle me.

It made me laugh. I sent the zombies away, and then I came home to write this entry. I really do want to tell their stories…

-Dawn

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A zombie a day keeps the killers away.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Erifia, I am hosting Last Gladiator Standing II, an elimination-style "reality" show. I would love to have you participate. If you want, please email me at joninterglad@hotmail.com and I can invite you.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home