Thursday, May 03, 2007

Explanation: Concerning this Blog

To whom it may concern,

It had occurred to me, that many of you reading may be confused with the format or the characters. It is about time that I explain to you what we are trying to accomplish with this blog.

This blog is named “The O’Ciardha Clan.” The O’Ciardha’s are a family that my writing partner and I made, and they exist only in a world that we made. We have written four full books about the family, and we are currently working on a fifth.

These books we hope to publish soon, or at least get made into movies. To do this we had to see how the public (or other bloggers) respond to it. This is an experiment. We are trying to hone our writing and we are trying to get our name known as much as possible.

For many of you, you may have thought this blog was done by only one person, as mentioned above you noticed that I said I had a partner in this. I will tell you who we write as.

I, a separate entity, who you can know simply by the main character I write as on here, Summer. Then my writing partner, whom is also a separate entity known as, Jesse, who this person has posted as most often.

I, Summer, as you have guessed write as Summer Dawn. I also write as Aurora “Thousand Faces”, Janus Delia, and also Rapier d’Epee.

Jesse, as you can once again deduce writes as Jesse O’Ciardha, Page Carey, Brendan Carey, and Chris Eastman.

Some of the events that happen in this blog, happen in the stories we have written, some of the events however we make up.

But I feel it necessary to explain some of our inspirations and other things. First of all, we cannot forsake the best and oldest of the modern gothic stories, Bram Stoker’s Dracula. As I am sure many of you have read, notice how reminiscent the blog is. Summer Dawn, much like Jonathan Harker keeps a journal, and Janus keeps his stories by Phonograph much in the same way Dr. Seward keeps his. We cannot possibly expect to have an acceptable modern gothic story without shouting out to Bram Stoker. So, Bram Stoker, wherever your soul is right now, Thank you.

For those of you who have seen Marvel’s Blade, or read the old comic, along with Terminal Reality’s BloodRayne, we cannot forget them, in help with the idea of the “Dhampir” the half vampire. The theory makes sense from all the research I have done. So Marvel and Terminal Reality, Thank you.

The series Supernatural, on the WB. It sometimes, after I watch it, I get inspired, and I've used it as a great research source, the writers of the show are amazing, so to Supernatural and its writers, Thank you.

The last source, is White Wolf Publishing’s World of Darkness, RPG series. I had often been interested in vampires, and had ATTEMPTED to write something in that genre, and though I loved it, I knew it wouldn’t go far. WoD is a Modern Gothic Genre, and it was a heavy source of inspiration for the stories and this blog. Anybody who has read this and has played WoD I’m sure can see the similarities immediately. So to White Wolf Publishing, Thank you.

Sources that have NOT inspired this blog or the stories we wrote, are Underworld, Underworld 2, An American Werewolf in Paris, Cursed, Blood and Chocolate, and The Covenant. We did not begin work on these stories before An American Werewolf in Paris, Underworld or Cursed. But, as for all of the others we had finished three of the four completed books before they were released, or even before production notes were released.

I, as an author of this blog, do not want people to think that we, use ideas without giving credit for them. I would also like to thank any readers we have, and I wanted to clarify how this blog works and why it works the way it does.

Thank you,

Author (Summer) and Author (Jesse)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a good clear definition of your purpose.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home