Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Janus' Record: 8

“Summer Dawn’s Perfume.

“That’s what I am going to be speaking about for this entry. She picks it out herself, she loves it, and she had probably fifty bottles of it. Its an interesting scent, and its only sold at the dark store in town.

“Its an Ambery, aged for hundreds of years. The basic compound of it is Belladonna, Physostigmine, Post-Samskaras Aconitum, (Summer often uses Post-Samskaras Aconitum to irritate her mother, and fight off rabid werewolves), holy-water instead of regular water, Syringa vulgaris and Jasminum polyanthum. It has a unique smell. The Aconitum has no true effect on anything, Belladonna and Aconitum are poisonous. Highly so, but the introduction of Physostigmine, and the Samskaras on the Aconitum, cause it to only have a very sweet smell from both flowers. The Holy-Water is used to water it down so it is not too strong. So the sweet smell from those things mixed with the soft aroma of the Jasminum Polyanthum and Syringa vulgaris, cause this sweet-jasmine-lilac aroma that is so unique – I’ve lived over two thousand years, and I’ve never smelled anything like it.

“As I said its not poisonous, the shopkeeper told me what was in it, I told her no. He then smiled broadly, and he took a swig of it. He was a human, and I had to say, I was shocked when he didn’t begin to sweat, and see things. I had to buy his whole supply of it. She didn’t want to ever be without it.

“The reason I was so keen on making this my discussion with the phonograph for the night was because I received a telephone call, as I often do, ‘Janus, one of our boys is having a hard time with a wraith in your territory.’ The Illuminati always seem to know what is going on everywhere, but they can never do anything about it.

“’Assist him please, and we will make it worth your while.’ I gathered the address, and I grabbed my emergency bag. I force-of-willed myself to the house, and I broke down the door. I love how in my old age, I no longer need to be invited into houses.

“I got downstairs, and saw lightning strikes on the walls, and a chalk pentagram on the floor, and I smelled a faint sweet-jasmine-lilac aroma. Summer Dawn. She always seems to be a step ahead of me when it is in concern to this county. She seems to handle most all of the threats here.

“I believe that it is because of my presence, that there are so many supernatural things occurring in such a small area. This may seem ego-centric, but I think that to be the reason.

“So, I heard a report of Zombies in a graveyard, it traveled fast through my contacts, and when I arrived, apart from dissipating rotten flesh, I smelled a sweet-jasmine-lilac aroma. Summer Dawn.

“There was another time, when I heard of a rat-demon infestation, I went there, and found corpses, and apart from the swarmyard smell, I smelled blood and traces of a sweet-jasmine-lilac aroma. Summer Dawn.

“I am very proud of my daughter. I love her, very much. When I think about her it makes me smile, and makes me want to say to everyone around me, ‘That is my Summer Dawn.’ It’s rare for a parent to have a child who excels and at times surpasses everything you do. For some parents it would cause a loathing. For me, I become very proud of her, when she reads languages that took me years to learn.

“Sometimes I wonder if she is proud to have me as a father, she wears her fangs proud. That’s the one genetic trait I was able to pass to my daughter.

“I am ending this entry early, because I smell sweet-jasmine-lilac, which means Summer has returned from her escapade with the wraith.

-Pause-

“Daddy!”

“See?”

-Click-

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds like this would sell well in the shops.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Godfrey Zebulon said...

I can completly understand what you mean.. I just wonder if it will be the same with my family.. in a manner of speaking.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

My 100th TWQ is on now Sat-Sun (2/3). Bring along a list of dinner guests.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home