Sunday, May 20, 2007

Letter to the late, Kera d’Epee January 31st, 1991

Kera,

Brendan is healthy and happy. He always wants one of us with him. Is this normal? I don’t know as much as I should about pups. He’s going to be a wolf one day, or at least he is wolf blooded.

Page is so happy. I’m so happy. When he sleeps, sometimes we both watch him. He’s amazing…

I don’t sleep as much as I should. I will wake up in the middle of the night, and I will pick him up, and he’ll fuss because I woke him, then I take him in the living room, draw the curtains, and I lay him down on my chest and let him sleep.

He grabs onto my finger and he holds it tightly in his tiny little hand. He’s so strong. I often wonder late at night at such times what kind of a man will he be?

Lara, our adopted daughter, she watches over him. She at first didn’t like the idea of a baby brother or sister. But when she first looked at Brendan, she cooed, and asked to hold him.

Page growled. Lara’s eyes widened. It was so funny, I couldn’t laugh. Page didn’t mean to growl, she was just being a mother wolf. I looked at Lara, and I knelt down next to her, and reminded her about Page being a werewolf.

Its been a few months and Page is finally comfortable enough for Lara to hold him. She doesn’t often, because she’s scared to hurt him. Lara would have been a good mother.

He’s crying, Page is at work, and Lara is somewhere.

-Rapier d’Epee

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

All very much the prologue...

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sweet....

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home