Thursday, October 26, 2006

Summer's Journal: Fourtenth Entry

I am not my father; I am not my father. Today I almost died. I almost killed myself. It wasn’t my fault though. Not my fault at all. It couldn’t be my fault.

It was my father’s fault. It was at school. Chris and I were sitting together at lunch. He was working on a paper and I was helping him. Then he became incredibly quiet. Almost like her was trying to keep a secret from me. His movements all hinted that he had something to hide.

I reached out to him, “Chris what’s wrong?” “Nothing Summer, I just want to keep working on the report. What is a good word for good?” “Superior. But you knew that, what are you hiding?”

He looked at me, and I looked at him, giving him the evil eye. He revealed his finger. It had blood running down it. It had been cut by a piece of paper. My eyes shifted. I looked up to him.

“Why wouldn’t you show me this?” I asked. He looked down and pleaded, “Summer.” I hushed my voice, but I screamed in whispers, “What is that supposed to mean!? Are you trying to say I can’t resist the urge to bite your finger just because I am part vampire?”

I grabbed his finger and held it near my nose. The blood scent filled my nostrils and I whimpered as I pulled it towards my mouth. I don’t know what his reaction must have been, but he had to be scared. When my lips touched his finger, and I felt his pulse…

My lips quivered a drop of blood touched my lips and my tongue left my mouth, seeking his finger. I wanted the crimson substance, I wanted it. I felt heat fill my body, I felt my eyes seek heat. My mouth wanted to bite the finger, my tongue to taste the blood.

I kissed his finger, the blood smeared my lips.

“-mer. Summer…” It shocked me awake. I realized what I was doing. I quickly retracted and wiped my lips clean of his blood. I quickly covered his finger with the napkin. I put water in my mouth and swished and spat, the light coppery color splashed on the ground.

A tear dropped from my eye. He wiped it away. He kissed my cheek softly. “Summer,” he said softly, his words spoke for him. He wanted me to know it was okay, that everything would be okay.

-Dawn

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I suppose a job in a blood bank wouldn't be a good idea.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Or maybe it would. You wouldn't have to worry about biting your friends.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home