Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Summer's Journal: Thirtenth Entry

Un-rest. It’s a word that may not seem to make much sense, but it makes perfect sense to me. It’s sort of like Undead, except I had nothing to do with it. Un-rest is a word I just made up for the specific reason to describe what happened to me last night.

Let’s start with blaming my friend Jeremy. Yesterday he was talking about zombies (he’s a fellow goth and is very human). Now to me zombies are something to be controlled, something that whether it is virus or necromancy I will never, ever have to worry about. To him they are an army he must prepare for and deal with.

The second source of blame will have to be my cousin, and his would be girlfriend Michelle. I had seen them together yesterday. It was only brief, but they were speaking, Brendan seemed distracted, and usually Michelle was his center of attention. I also blame Melville’s Moby Dick.

The third source I blame myself, because sometimes my thoughts don’t work in unison as well as they could. So I the thoughts I blame specifically, are the little shop in middle of the mall, the picture I once saw of a geisha, and my body makeup for wanting candy.

Back to un-rest. Un-rest is when you go to sleep at night and your body sleeps but your mind does not. The best way I can describe it is, your eyes are closed, your bodily functions slow down as if you were sleeping, your brain goes into a deep sleep, but you are still conscious.

The first dream I had to live through was a dream where Jeremy and I somehow were held up in a mall of some sort and there were zombies trying to get in, and there were zombies in the mall we had to eliminate. Our resources; A crane, a bunch of heavy metal boxes, him, I, several other people, a bow, a shotgun, a rapier. What I lacked? Magic. So suddenly, I was a human, with a rapier, trying to battle fifty zombies at once. It was like a video game. The first time we were outside trying to get into the mall. I died.

The second time we were in the mall and trying to defend it. I died. The third time I was operating the crane. I failed with its controls, and I died. The fourth time, I was able to kill several before I died. The last time for that dream, I killed several, and Jeremy killed several, we locked the place down, and somehow, I died. I don’t know what it was, but I wasn’t very good. I need magic. I am a frail little china doll.

The second dream, took place on a boat, or more a floating island. There was a graveyard, and I was in a radio booth. So was Brendan and Michelle. There were three mics and it was 4 in the morning. We were taking turns telling scary stories. (I was human again.) Michelle went first, hers involved the graveyard on the island, and guess what? Zombies. The main character was a girl, and plop, instantly I was in the graveyard. Trying to escape her dead family; cue Mom, Dad, Aunt Page, and Uncle Rapier. Who were zombies, and began to walk at me. She spoke and actions happened, I was running from them I tripped, and got mauled by zombies. That’s right, I hope I’m not the only one keeping track, That’s six deaths. Then I was back in the radio booth, and my cousin began. I was back in the graveyard, but this time, I was being chased by a werewolf (usually I had an answer for werewolves, but Brendan couldn’t allow that) and it involved a chase through the woods, and then finally getting ripped apart. That’s seven.

My narration of my scariest story put me still in the story, I was fishing, and somehow was dragged into the water, made it onto a boat, and I was conversing with people, and then a giant white whale broke the boat, and I slowly drowned Self induced number 8.

I then shifted into the next dream, where it was in the mall, and a sweet older asian man was trying to sell candy, and a rich girl walked up, and bought two thousand dollars worth. He was ecstatic. His wife leapt up and down for joy. Then the woman, who was a geisha, began eating it. It made her really happy, strickening her with a euphoria. She fainted. And for some reason I picked her up and I set her on a chair. Her ear caught my attention because the makeup was so interestingly done. It was different shades of purple hightlighting and giving her ears some color and shape.

Then I went and bought candy. The old asian man began to beep like an alarm. I woke up, dead to the world. Full of un-rest. Sometimes I wonder why I bother sleeping. I can save money on makeup by using the black circles under my eyes as a skull design.

Whatever. I have to go to school.

-Dawn

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You don't exactly have cheery dreams, Summer.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I have a friend who is preparing for the impending zombie invasion. He's a state trooper and has a basement full of guns.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home