Sunday, October 29, 2006

Summer's Journal: Sevententh Entry

My father scolded me when I first woke up this morning. There was no good morning such as yesterday, and he was upset. “That was very stupid Dawn.” I rubbed my eyes, and looked at him, “What did I do?” My mother looked at me from behind him, disappointment in their eyes, “You not only touched a mage-bane etched door, you activated traps meant to deter both vampires and werewolves. You almost died. I’m very disappointed in you, Dawn.”

“I’m sorry,” I said. His tone, his mannerisms, he was very disappointed in me. Was he ashamed of me too? He never, ever said he was disappointed with me before, and my mother didn’t even respond. “I’ll pack my things to go home.”

I began to pack my things. They got dressed, and went outside the room, probably to take care of the demon. I grabbed my pouch, and went outside, following the back hall way down. My parents could smell me, when I got to the woods, but I was going to get there faster than they would.

I ran through the woods, jumping over logs, and ducking under branches, weaving amongst the brush. I had grown up in the woods. This woods was no different than any other woods. When it became twisted by dark magic, that’s when it became a little more difficult. But it was still easy.

As I burst through the brush, I landed in the graveyard. I rushed to the door. I looked at it closely. I grabbed a piece of wood leaning against the church wall, and threw it through the stain glassed window. Shattering it. My dad was sure to have heard it.

I jumped in the window, and I saw her. She was beautiful. It was hard to take my eyes off of her. She was demonic, her body covered in demon flesh, red from head to toe. She had slender wings, and clawed feet and hands. In the middle of her forehead was a closed eye. Her eyes were bright blue, and swirling with undertones of green.

When she saw me, we stared at each other for several moments. She then hissed, and she started to run from me. I raised my arms, and roots grabbed her legs, she kept trying to claw, to get away from me. I ran towards her with the salt container, and tried to encircle her in it.

She broke free from the roots, and ran towards the stairwell, instead of heading up, she was heading downwards. I followed her, and she stood in front of a door, and she was ready to fight.

That’s when her third eye opened, where the other ones were blue and amazing, it was red, and yellow. I stared at it for a second, than its compelling ended. I was still wearing the Cats Eye Shell. She whimpered. She clawed out at me, and I threw a vial of holy water at her.

She hissed, and took a step towards me. I grabbed another vial and threw it at her. She began to sob and cry as she lunged at me. I threw salt and another vial of holy water at her. Finally she curled into a ball, and began to melt. I walked a circle of salt around her, and I started sprinkling holy water on her. She flapped her wings, and blew the salt around, and then stood in front of the door, and all the remained of her was a skeleton.

I looked at the door; there was nothing special about it. I looked again, I had to shove her skeleton out of the way, still nothing. But when I opened the door, that’s when I saw it, in the room, it was a nest. There were twenty of them. Which made sense. Especially since they all looked like eyeballs.

I walked up to one, and touched the outside of it. Whatever was inside, it moved towards my hand and tried to touch me. I looked at all of them. Giant eyeball eggs, it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. It was also something I never had heard of before.

No demon could reproduce except succubae and incubi, and still, I’ve never heard of one using eyes to host a brood. I closed my eyes. I decided to just to be safe, in case my first attempt failed, that they would all be locked in, I made a circle of salt around each egg save one, and that one I made a semi-circle around. I kicked it in, and the embryo that was moving moments before, laid lifeless on the ground. I began to do the same thing with all the other eggs.

I began to splash holy water on it, and throw salt about the room. I triple checked the room made sure no eggs were left. My father and mother entered the church, very confused about the broken window, and the skeleton, but when they saw me, it was clear what went on. I walked by both of them.

“I’m a disappointment just let me go lie still until I finally die,” I went back to the hotel room, storming the whole time, and finally laying down on the bed, writing in this journal, tears rolling down my cheek the whole time. Both my father and mother finally arrived back here, and they tried to talk to me. I kept looking away from them, and I ignored them.

When they took me home, I made sure to leave them right away, and I came to my room, and I finished this entry. It was going to be a miserable week. At least Chris still loves me.

-Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home