Saturday, November 04, 2006

Summer's Journal: Nintenth Entry

I am slacking off, not only have I been too tired for the past week; I haven’t even begun to keep up a journal. I have very good reason, I became very busy. All Saints day was terrible, not only did I have to help defend my house from hunters; I had to keep them from wrecking my things.

Hunters have no sense of possession, to them we are mindless killing machines that try and kill everyone, and we aren’t that at all! We have souls! We have feelings! We care about life! We… Want to be human… Or at least I do… I’m not ashamed of what I am. I am scared. What happens if I fall asleep with my arm over Chris, and I accidentally cast a spell?

What if I drain his life-force? What if I make him into a skeleton? I shouldn’t think such things.

The day after, All Souls’ Day, we change the tides. Humans feel lack luster, forlorned, sad, especially those who knew we exist. So we, instead, raid them. It was interesting, to change the tides on them for the first time (for me). They had wrecked my music collection, and I was going to wreck stuff of theirs.

The closest hunter’s guild was west, in West Virginia, but still within striking distance. I was to go with my cousin, and Uncle Rapier, to hit a Wolf-Snare Outpost. That was to the North West on top of the closest mountain. It was a cabin, and an underground complex.

The Wolf-Snares are pretty bad for Werewolves, which is why my uncle and I are flanking Brendan, who is still only a wolf-blood. These guys are trained since birth to hunt wolves, and they seek to make them extinct.

They were asleep, when we arrived, tired from the raid yesterday. When we opened the cabin door, Uncle Rapier disabled the alarm system the way he knew how. He cut it. I smiled, and both Uncle Rapier and Brendan stood away from me. The room was filled with fetishes of dead wolves.

Bone sculptures, all of them terrifying to scare people away. My mouth filled with blood. I heard rattling as my eyes closed, and I concentrated. The blood was sweet today, I swallowed it, and licked my lips.

I think I made Brendan uncomfortable, he squeezed my hand, and wiped my lips off with a cloth strip, “Dawn, calm down.” I didn’t think I was excited. But I could tell I was since my hand shook with joy, as I laid my eyes upon the skeletons. I smiled brightly.

“Dawn,” he said again, “Summer Dawn, calm down.” I looked at him, and I shook the excitement from me, “I am calm Brendan.” My uncle stood in a defensive position in front of the werewolf skeletons.

“Obey me,” I said to them, and they stood at command. My uncle found the door downwards. He opened it, and we crawled down, there were six of them, all asleep, wearing the furs of previous kills, their beards were grown out, and I smelled testosterone and filth.

My uncle slit the first one’s throat, and he grumbled, as the others all jumped awake, my three fetishes all leapt on one, and Brendan, stood defending me, as a silver blade came towards him, he ducked and I took a step back, as my uncle, blocked the blade, and shoved his into the man’s chest, the blood gushed from it, pouring on the ground. I could have swore I saw his heartbeat.

“Mine!” I yelled as, the blood filled my mouth again. I tasted the crimson liquid again, and my eyes rolled into the back of my head. A moan bubbled in the blood in my mouth. I grabbed the hunter that was slit, and I sent his corpse towards the one who my Uncle had cut open, and I grabbed him.

Two zombies now stood between Brendan and I, and the other hunters. The fetishes finished, and I grabbed the next hunter, and the blood heated and bubbled in my mouth, as the next zombie rose, to move against the other three, my uncle killed another through impalement. I grabbed it too, the next fellows stood their ground back to back, and their grunting and growling seemed more feral then we were acting.

The zombies walked through their blades, and they ripped one apart, and the fetishes leapt on the other. I grabbed him too. My breathing began to quicken, I swallowed the blood, my body heated.

I wanted more of them, I wanted more zombies. Brendan pushed me against the wall. “Summer! Stop!” The zombies and fetishes all began to head towards Brendan. “They’re mine Brendan!” He pushed me back again, “No! Release them so their souls can go too!” “They’re mine!” Uncle Rapier removed the zombie’s heads, and kicked the skeletons.

“No!” I screamed, they were killing my soldiers, “No! They’re mine! Stop it!” Uncle Rapier kicked the last one again, and I screamed, “They are mine! Mine!” My tears streaked down like fire. I kept searching for something dead.

“Summer, I’m sorry,” Uncle Rapier said, “Hold her still Brendan.” Brendan pushed me hard, and I tried to fight against him. I spat at him, my bloody spit ran down his face, as Uncle Rapier did something to make me black out.

I woke in my room, and I had a terrible headache. I had been out eighteen hours, it was 11 in the morning on Friday. I rubbed my eyes, and I looked around, trying to determine what had happened.

What was wrong with me in the head? Something is wrong. I need Chris, I also won’t get to see him until Monday.

-Dawn

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

What a rekllief it was a dream; zombies stalking the place are no fun.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home