Sunday, February 11, 2007

Aurora's Journal: Ninth Entry

The night was warm. The tiger and I doubled back around and headed for Janus’ mansion. It didn’t take us long to get there. When we arrived, we followed the signs. They were broken down, and hidden by tall grass, but we knew they were there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love this road. On this road, Jesse and I spent a lot of time, and I know at the end of this road, Jesse will be there.

I miss Jesse. She’s the only person in the world I can associate with and love like I do. I love the kids, because they are part of her. I love Janus because he loves her. I still am weary of Page. Page and I don’t see eye to eye.

The road is the important thing, walked down it, and I looked for the gate. It had been so long since I had been there I was wondering if I could even find the entrance again. It was usually covered by vines, and the metal gate usually was the first thing to get covered again when it was cleaned.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was clean, which was uncharacteristic. I looked at the walls… I preferred them to be covered with vines.

I opened the gate, and I went to the waterfall. The front door had wards, and though I was invited in the house, I didn’t want to wake someone up to open the doors for me. It was late at night, maybe two or three in the morning.

I got underneath the waterfall, and I climbed down into the trapdoor. It was like a cave, but it was manmade. I still marveled at this entrance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The hallway wasn’t much better, and it came out behind a painting in the basement.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

To get upstairs without alerting the whole house to my presence, and especially Janus and Jesse, I had to use the dumbwaiter. The dining room was empty, and I left it, and I heard voices.

“Are you alright? Do you hurt?” it was a male voice.

The conversation was hushed, but I approached its source, and at the top of the stairs and to the left was Summer’s room. There were two male voices, and one female. I created a copy of Jesse, and I morphed myself into Janus.

I opened the door, Brendan, Page’s Son, and another boy were there.

“Uh, we were just leaving…” Brendan said, as he tried to pass me.

I made the fake Jesse say, “You’re not going anywhere gentlemen.”

Brendan turned to his friend, “I’m going to kill you.”

So much love in this room. I laughed. Heavily. I pushed my fingers into my scalp and I became myself. I touched the fake Jesse and she poofed into a pile of flowers.

“You’re evil Aurora,” Brendan said.

My concern went to Summer, and this Boy. They had to be a couple. Summer was laying on her bed, she was hurt. I turned angry eyes to the boy, but then when I saw his concern for Summer, I realized he hadn’t done it.

I signed out to Summer, no-one but her understood sign so Summer spoke, “She is saying, ‘Perhaps instead of coming through the front door, you could use the trap door, underneath the waterfall.’” I signed more, “Aurora, do I have to?” I nodded, “She says, ‘If you hurt my grandbaby, I’ll kill you.’”

He released a breath, and he looked me in my eyes, staring at me, “You don’t have to worry about that,” he spoke with such confidence, I was taken back, “I won’t hurt her.”

I knelt to Summer, and I pulled energy from the room, and I filled Summer healing life. Her arms popped, and her cuts closed, and the bones snapped back into place.

Summer fell asleep, as everyone does when they are filled with that magic.

I heard Janus and Jesse moving. I made a face, and made fangs with my mouth. Brendan and Chris both began to freak, and they ran out into the hall in a panic. I don’t know how they made it out, but Janus and Jesse were not alerted to their presence.

I laid down on Summer’s floor in case she woke in the night and would need me.

When I closed my eyes, I couldn’t help but think, something bad was going to happen, and it was going to happen very soon. All I knew was if I stayed here, the ones I loved couldn’t be hurt. I wouldn’t let them be.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hate that creepy feeling something is about to go really wrong...

12:16 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A really creepy post.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home