Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Summer's Journal: Twenty-First Entry

I looked at Chris… Our eyes stared into one another’s. Deeply, I looked down into him, his feelings, and his thoughts. I rubbed the back of his hands with my thumbs. I kissed his fingers, one by one, gently, softly.

He smiled softly at me, and I smiled at him while I kissed the next finger over. I kissed his last pinky. I held both of his hands in mine, and I smiled again at him, my lips gently turning up.

His eyes, his deep eyes; those deep wonderful eyes made me forget all of my problems. Everything in the back of my head that constantly hounds at my consciousness, everything that tries to break free, all wicked thoughts and all thoughts of anything negative vanish.

All that there is, is him and I. I can never see anything but those eyes, and I calm down. I rubbed my thumbs over the back of his hand, harder this time, letting him know what I was feeling. I wanted to kiss him.

We hadn’t gotten to kiss yet. I’ve wanted to, and so has he, and it was clear we were both trying to kiss each other. So I leaned forward, my head pushing away from my shoulders, my neck extended and my eyes closed.

I felt his warmth come closer to me, and his lips near mine, and I pushed forward, but suddenly we both heard, “Get a room!”

I pulled back from him, and I sighed heavily as I turned, “Seriously, she’s like, not even your type… Just look at her.” I looked at who it was; it was one of Ashley’s minions. Chris looked at her, “What do you honestly know about her?” “She’s some freak witch.” I said, “You’re right, I am a witch, and if you’re not careful I will cast a spell on you. I’ll give you acne, make you an alcoholic and make sure you’re cursed to be pregnant before you’re twenty.”

She took a step back, I began to speak in Latin, and I spouted the first thing I thought of, “Usurpo id rosa et vado ab amor. Usurpo id rosa et vado ab amor. Usurpo id rosa et vado ab amor.” She looked fearful, as I waved my hands back and fourth. She ran off.

I sat down and looked at Chris, who smiled and laughed softly. “What?” I asked. “Your phrase, that’s all.” I giggled, “I was trying to think as fast as I could.” He took my hands in his, and squeezed them tightly, I felt warm inside.

“Take this rose and go in love,” he said, “I would have run to your arms.” “Sweetie,” I said, “You’d need a rose to do that…” He thought for a second, “I’ll be sure to get one. The weekend is coming up. Let’s you and I go for a walk in the park Saturday.” I said, “That sounds wonderful.” He hugged me and walked away.

Finally, a date with my boyfriend, nothing supernatural to interfere, my cell phone began ringing, it was my mother, “Hello Mom,” I said with a smile. “Summer,” her tone was bad, really bad. “Mom, what’s wrong?” She took a long tear filled pause. “Mom… What’s wrong?” She took another long pause, and finally spoke, “You’re Aunt Page is missing. No-one knows where she is, and your father and uncle can’t pick up the trail.”

I sat down, “Does Brendan know?” There was a pause, and then she spoke again, “No… We are hoping to find her before he has to know.” I began shaking, “Mom… I’m on my way home…” I grabbed my necklace.

Somehow, I knew today was too peaceful. I am writing this until school is over, and I have to go tell Brendan. Its going to be terrible. Why is she making me tell him?!

-Dawn

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good dose of Latin works wonders.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home